A Construction Accident Attorney Who Fights For Workers
Injured construction workers in Vancouver, WA can count on Colin
Working in the construction industry can be dangerous. A single act of negligence can leave a worker seriously injured or killed. Personal injury attorney Colin Scott knows the impact an injury can have on construction workers and their families. That's why The Scott Law Firm, PLLC fights to help them recover the compensation they deserve.
If you were injured on the job and your claim is accepted, you are entitled to certain medical benefits as well as a portion of your lost wages. Any permanent or partial disability resulting from the work injury may result in additional compensation.
In some limited cases, if your injury was caused by the negligence of someone other than your employer, you may be entitled to recover additional compensation for pain and suffering. Below are examples of common third party defendants in construction site accidents.
- A company that leases or puts up scaffolding
- The company that rents and leases heavy equipment
- A trucking company that delivered supplies
- A subcontractor whose employee fails to fill in a hole or pick up debris at a job site
Third-party claims can be complicated. The negligent party may deny responsibility and try to put the blame on someone else. Meanwhile, you've been injured and can't work. And worker's compensation only pays a portion of your lost wages.
Committed to helping injured construction workers
When this occurs, you need a dedicated work injury attorney who can fight for your rights. Colin Scott knows how to investigate construction accidents and can get the facts needed to prove you were injured by someone else's negligence.
Construction workers can be hurt in accidents involving:
- Falling objects – Tools or debris can cause severe injury when they fall from several stories above
- Slip and falls – Spilled liquids or obstacles can result in slip, trip or fall injuries
- Heavy machinery – Negligence can result in someone being hurt by a backhoe, forklift or other heavy machinery
- Power tools – Workers can be hurt when using defective nail guns, saws, drills, jackhammers and other tools
- Getting caught between objects – Construction workers can become trapped between equipment, walls and other objects
- Electrocution – Working near exposed electrical wires and power lines can be dangerous
- Explosions – Some materials at constructions sites can be explosive and cause severe harm
- Chemical burns - Construction workers sometimes work with hazardous chemicals
We can determine the total amount of damages you have suffered as a result of your workplace injury. This includes, among other things, the full amount of your lost wages as well as money for pain and suffering, disfigurement, and disability.
Results matter. Count on Colin.
Here at The Scott Law Firm, PLLC, we focus on building strong cases on behalf of injured workers who choose to pursue a claim against someone other than their employer. We are not interested in a lowball settlement offer that only help the insurance company save money. Colin is focused on a resolution that meets your needs. If the insurance company won't agree to a fair settlement, he can fight for you in court.
If you were hurt in a construction site accident, get legal advice as soon as possible. Construction sites can change rapidly, and it's important to gather evidence before it is lost or destroyed. It's also important to get contact information from witnesses before they move to another job and become difficult or impossible to track down.
Talk to a construction accident attorney who knows how to get the job done right. Contact Colin and schedule a free consultation to discuss your work injury. He can meet with you personally and review the details of your accident. Contact us online or call 360-718-3640 to schedule a time.